JOB OPPORTUNITY: Hola Carolina is hiring a Multimedia Content Producer. The Multimedia Content Producer brings Hola Carolina’s work to life through dynamic and compelling human stories and strong copywriting that move and engage our donors, volunteers, community partners, and the wider community more deeply with our mission to create a more equitable region. The Multimedia Content Producer understands the science behind good storytelling; uses a data-driven approach and is responsible for the storytelling spectrum – from gathering stories in the field to packaging them for a variety of strategic purposes across all channels (audio, visual and written). The Multimedia Content Producer is familiar with traditional and digital media best practices.
The successful Multimedia Content Producer will be a strategic and creative writer who can deliver emotionally engaging content tailored for different target audiences and organizational goals. She/he is an agile writer who can do both long and short-form pieces for target audiences with varying levels of understanding of Hola Carolina’s work in the community. She/he/they are an experienced interviewer, researcher, editor, and writer who can take existing and new content and translate it into polished, compelling stories. The Multimedia Content Producer supports traditional and digital engagement goals across fundraising, volunteerism, marketing and communications.
This position reports to the Executive Director, Operations Director and works closely with all departments from within the organization as well as contributors from outside the organization to deliver results driven content across all channels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides a vision and skillset in multimedia storytelling that produces strategic marketing material such as podcasts, newsletter stories, videos, and photography
- Comfortable working independently to field produce and direct interviews, documentary and other forms of video and photojournalism from the ground up
- Experience editing with Adobe Creative Suite
- Has experience navigating and identifying funding opportunities for films and videos
- Understanding of basic principles of photography and cinematography
- Works to deepen understanding and engagement of our target audiences
- Manages content development process and package for multiple channels
- Writes both short and long-form pieces for Hola Carolina for the purposes of elevating our profile, raising funds, and advancing our mission
- Works to identify and develop compelling stories about our Community Impact programs, staff, and the issues relating to our work in the communities that we serve
- Identifies opportunities to gather content from the field in support of our editorial content strategy
- Delivers packaged content and stories for pre-determined marketing tactics
- Collaborates with staff to optimize and produce stories and content to enhance Hola Carolina’s website for the purposes of boosting online engagement and recruiting new donors and volunteers
- Set up, organizes, manages, and maintains Hola Carolina’s story and image asset bank to ensure all content is properly tagged, archived, and that all Hola Carolina’s staff know where to find key stories and images
- Helps to create, manage, and update content calendar in collaboration with key stakeholders to maintain project deadlines and content launch dates
- Takes a data-driven approach to creating, and continuously updating, a content strategy based on organizational objectives that inspires and encourages viewers to take action
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with camera, video, audio recorder, microphones
- Experience with blog management and familiarity with web publishing technologies (WordPress)
- Basic web coding skills (HTML) and proficiency with image editing software (PhotoShop)
- Working knowledge of editing software image, audio and video, pre and postproduction process
- Self-motivated and a resourceful learner
- Have a strong entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work in a collaborative setting on simultaneous projects
- Willing to travel across the region to capture content/interviews
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines
- Have strong communication skills and collaborative work ethic
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve high performance:
- Mission focused – the ability to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship oriented – an understanding that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator – understands the role and contribution of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results driven – dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good, creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations.
- Brand steward – a steward of the Hola Carolina brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater organization.
Job Type: Full-time
Please send resume and samples of your work to [email protected]